- St. Eustatius Seventh-day Adventist Academy
- Nieuwe school
- Bijzonder voortgezet onderwijs
The initiative has been rejected.
Adventist education imparts more than academic knowledge. It fosters a balanced development of the whole person-spirituality, intelectually, phisically, and socially. Its time dimensions span eternity.
It seeks to develop a life of faith in God and respect for the dignity of all human beings; to build character akin to that of the Creator; to nurture thinkers rather than mere reflectors of other's thoughts; to promote loving service rather than selfish ambition; to ensure maximum development of each individual's potential; and to embrace all that is true, good and beautiful.
The St Eustatius SDA Academy builds on what was been achieved at the elementary level with a focus on values, choices, and Christ-like character. It offers students
- a formal and informal CCSLC/CSEC curriculum in which academic study, spiritual values, and daily life are integrated;
- a broad academic and vocational program leading to productive living and satisfactory career choices;
- avenues whereby Christian faith is made relevant to their emerging needs, leading to more matured relationships with others and with God; and
- an opportunity to develop a Christian lifestyle of values, service, and witness.
Students completing the secondary level at the St. Eustatius Adventist Academy should
- Have an opportunityto commit their lives to God and therefore manifest a maturing faith in Him characterized by personal devotion, public worship, and service and witness to others in fulfillment of the Church's mission.
- Demonstrate competence in communication, quantitative skills, and creative thinking, along with other academic areas that are foundational to excellence in tertiairy education and/or the world of work.
- Demonstrate maturity and Christ-like sensitivity within the family circle, in the choice of friendships, in preparation for marriage, and in broad anticipation within their church and community.
- Make good decisions and wise choices in ways that demonstrate their belief.
Newton's Pasture 13