Service desk in Groningen
You can arrange for your diploma to be legalised at our service desk in Groningen. You don’t have to do so in person; a family member or friend can have your documents legalised for you.
- Your document must be original, complete and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your school or university.
- Your document must be printed on the school or university's headed paper.
How to apply
- To have your diploma legalised, log in to Mijn DUO for an extract of your diplomas. Go to 'Mijn studies en diploma's' and choose 'Diplomaregister'.
- Go to the service desk in Groningen and take the original document and the extract with you. Address: Kempkensberg 12. You do not need an appointment.
- Does your destination country appear on the list of apostille countries? If so, go to the Groningen District Court (Guyotplein 1) to finalise the legalisation. The District Court closes at 04.00 p.m.
- If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries you will need to continue the legalisation process through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Our service desk is open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., except on on 27 April, 10 May, 11 May, 21 May, 25 and 26 December 2018.
Legalisation costs € 6 per document. You can pay by PIN or in cash. The District Court charges € 20 per document.
Your document is not available in Mijn DUO
If your document is not available in Mijn DUO, please send us a copy of your document by email on email@example.com. We may still be able to legalise your document. You can also call us first on +31 50 599 80 36.
Legalisation at fairs
Instead of coming to Groningen, you can also have your document legalised at one of the fairs listed below. After legalisation at the fair, you either go to a District Court (not necessarily the one in Groningen) or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to finalise the legalisation. Details will be given at the fair, if necessary.
23 en 24 November 2018
from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3521 AL Utrecht
7 en 8 December 2018
from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3084 BA Rotterdam
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.