Diploma legalization by registered mail
If you are going to work or study outside the Netherlands, you will usually need a legalized educational document (diploma, list of marks, etc.).
What are the rules?
- Your document must be original, complete and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your school or university.
- Your document must be printed on original headed paper of the institution.
What do you have to do?
- Use the Application for legalization, diploma description or teaching qualification statement form to request legalization.
- Submit the required documentary items of evidence with your application. We advise you to do so using registered mail. Our postal address is given on the form. The procedure takes approximately
Arrange an apostille
If your destination country appears on the list of apostille countries, then you will continue the legalization process at the nearest District Court.
If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries, then you will continue the legalization process via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Legalization costs € 6 per document. There will also be a fixed amount for administration costs (€ 10). On the form you must give permission for a direct debit mandate by entering your complete IBAN.
If you live in a country outside the EU and do not have a Dutch bank account, please contact us on +31 50 599 80 36.
Please contact the department if you have any questions. You can call us on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.