Description of your Dutch diploma
If you want to use your Dutch diploma abroad for training or work, you can apply for a diploma description. DUO has personalized descriptions available for LBO, VBO, VMBO, MAVO, HAVO, VWO, MULO, HBS and MMS.
Standard or extensive description
The extensive diploma description is issued in your name and states which diploma you have been awarded and in which subjects you took examinations. The standard description is a general description of the various levels of education. You can download the standard declaration for free.
What do you have to do?
- Use the Application for legalization, diploma description or teaching qualification statement form to request an extensive description.
- Submit the required items of evidence with your application. Our postal address is given on the form.
Descriptions for MBO, HBO and university
You can apply for a diploma description for an HBO or university degree programme at EP-Nuffic. MBO graduates (senior secondary vocational education) need to contact the SBB for a certificate supplement.
Teaching qualification statementIf you have a Dutch teaching qualification and you would like to teach abroad, you can apply for a teaching qualification statement. You will need this statement if you want to apply for a teaching qualification abroad. If relevant, the following is stated on the statement:
- the sector(s) and subject(s) for which you are qualified to teach in the Netherlands
- recognition of your diploma in the Netherlands
- the length of the teacher training programme
- the validity of your qualification
- the right to bear a Dutch title
- the validity of the teacher training programme within the meaning of the Council of the European Union
How to apply
Use the Application for legalization, diploma description or teaching qualification statement form to request the statement. Submit the required items of evidence with your application. Our postal address is given on the form.
An extensive diploma description costs
A teaching qualification statement is free of charge.
Please contact the department if you have any questions. You can call us on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.