Working in childcare
If you want to work in childcare in the Netherlands, you must apply for recognition of your foreign training. Only EU citizens can apply for this.
To which professions does this apply?
Recognition of your training is required for the following professions:
- Employee at a day-care centre
- Employee in a nursery school
- Employee in a pre-school day-care centre
- Employee in a pre-school nursery school
What are the rules?
If you gained your diploma in the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you can submit it to us for assessment. You can see which conditions you must satisfy in the regulation Erkenning EG-beroepskwalificaties kinderopvangpersoneel (in Dutch only).
What do you have to do?
- Use the Recognition of EC professional qualifications for childcare personnel form to request recognition of your training.
- Submit the required items of evidence with your application. Our postal address is given on the form. A certified translation is a strict condition for documents that are not in Dutch, English or German.
A request for recognition is free of charge.
Temporary or occasional work
If you want to work in childcare on a temporary or occasional basis, then a simple notification is enough. Use the Notification Temporary or ad-hoc service in childcare form.
Please contact the department if you have any questions. You can call us on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.