Diploma legalisation at our service desk
Your Dutch diploma is not automatically valid abroad. If you are planning to work or study outside the Netherlands, you may need to have your educational documents (diploma, list of marks, etc.) legalised.
Service desk in Groningen
You can arrange for your diploma to be legalised at our service desk in Groningen. You don’t have to do so in person; a family member or friend can have your documents legalised for you.
- Your document must be original, complete and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your school or university.
- Your document must be printed on the school or university's headed paper.
How to apply
- Log in to Mijn DUO for an extract of your diplomas. Go to 'Mijn studies en diploma's' and choose 'Diplomaregister'. If your diploma is registered, please follow the procedure by going to step 2. If not, continue to step 3.
- My diploma is registered in the Diplomaregister
Go to our service desk in Groningen. Address: Kempkensberg 12. Please make sure to bring your original documents, since we only legalise original documents. It is not necessary to bring the extract from the Diplomaregister. You do not need to make an appointment.
- My diploma is not registered in the Diplomaregister
If your diploma is not registered in the Diplomaregister, we may still be able to legalise your document. Please send a copy of your diploma to email@example.com to find out if legalisation is possible. You may also contact us by calling +31 50 599 80 36 on working days from 9.00 am to 12.00 am.
- Does your destination country appear on the list of apostille countries? If so, go to the Groningen District Court (Guyotplein 1) to finalise the legalisation. The District Court closes at 04.00 pm.
- If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries you will need to continue the legalisation process through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Legalisation costs € 6 per document. You can pay by PIN or in cash.
Legalisation at other locations
Instead of coming to Groningen, you can also have your document legalised at the DUO location in Utrecht on specific dates. You don’t need to make an appointment. After legalisation you either go to a District Court or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to finalise the legalisation.
You can have your diploma(s) legalised at the DUO Service Desk in Utrecht on the following dates in 2019:
- 10 and 24 July
- 7 and 21 August
- 4 and 18 September
- 2, 16 and 30 October
- 13 and 27 November
- 11 December
The DUO location is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please mention at the reception desk that you are there for legalisation. You can pay by pin (ATM-card) or in cash. The address is:
Herman Gorterstraat 40
3511 EW Utrecht
Please consult Google Maps for directions.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.