Diploma legalisation at our service desk
Your Dutch diploma is not automatically valid abroad. If you are planning to work or study outside the Netherlands, you may need to have your educational documents (diploma, mark list, etc.) legalised.
Service desk in Groningen
You can arrange for your diploma to be legalised at our service desk in Groningen. You don’t have to do so in person; a family member or friend can have your documents legalised for you.
- Your document must be original, complete and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your school or university.
- Your document must be printed on the school or university's headed paper.
How to apply
- To have your diploma legalised, log in to Mijn DUO for an extract of your diplomas. Go to 'Mijn studies en diploma's' and choose 'Diplomaregister'.
- Go to the service desk in Groningen and take the original document and the extract with you. Address: Kempkensberg 12. You do not need an appointment.
- Does your destination country appear on the list of apostille countries? If so, go to the Groningen District Court (Guyotplein 1) to finalise the legalisation. The District Court closes at 04.00 p.m.
- If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries you will need to continue the legalisation process through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Legalisation costs € 6 per document. You can pay by PIN or in cash. The District Court charges an additional € 20 per document. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs charges € 10 per document.
Document not available in Mijn DUO
If your document is not available in Mijn DUO, please send us a copy of your document by email on email@example.com. We may still be able to legalise your document. You can also call us first on +31 50 599 80 36.
Legalisation at other locations
Instead of coming to Groningen, you can also have your document legalised at one of the fairs listed below. Or at the DUO Service Desk in Arnhem on specific dates. You don’t need to make an appointment. After legalisation you either go to a District Court (not necessarily the one in Groningen) or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to finalise the legalisation.
9 and 10 February 2019
from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3992 AE Houten
You can have your diploma(s) legalised at the DUO Service Desk in Arnhem on the following dates. You don’t need to make an appointment.
- 17 January 2019
- 31 January 2019
- 14 February 2019
- 28 February 2019
- 14 March 2019
- 28 March 2019
- 11 April 2019
- 25 April 2019
- 9 May 2019
- 23 May 2019
- 6 June 2019
- 20 juni 2019
The DUO Service Desk is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please mention at the reception desk that you are there for legalisation. You can pay by pin (ATM-card) or in cash. The address is:
Pels Rijckenstraat 1
6814 DK Arnhem
Are you using public transport? Leave Arnhem central station at the back, the 'Sonsbeekzijde'. Cross the road and turn left, walking down the Amsterdamseweg. The Pels Rijckenstraat is the 1st street on your right. The building is on the left side of the road.
Using private transportation? Please consult Google Maps for directions.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.