Working in childcare
Do you have a diploma from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and do you want to work in childcare in the Netherlands? If so, you must apply for recognition of your foreign diploma. If you are only working temporarily or ad hoc in childcare, please indicate so on your application.
- Apply online in order to work in childcare in the Netherlands (in Dutch only).
- Do you prefer to use a form? Please use the form the Application Recognition or temporary service of EU professional qualifications for childcare employees.
We only accept online applications and applications with a form.
You may apply for working in childcare. This includes the following professions:
- Employee at a day-care centre
- Employee out-of-school care
- Employee multilingual out-of-school care
- Employee pre-school
After submitting your application DUO will examine in which childcare professions you are able to work.
All conditions are listed in the Erkenning EU-beroepskwalificaties kinderopvangpersoneel (in Dutch only).
Applying in order to work in childcare in the Netherlands is free.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.