Working in childcare
Do you have a diploma from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and do you want to work in childcare in the Netherlands? If so, you must apply for recognition of your foreign diploma. If you are only working temporarily or ad hoc in childcare, please indicate so on your application.
- Apply online in order to work in childcare in the Netherlands (in Dutch only).
- Do you prefer to use a form? Please use the Application Recognition or temporary service of EU professional qualifications for childcare employees form.
For which professions?
You need to apply if you want to work in 1 of the following professions:
- employee at a day-care centre
- employee pre-school day education
- employee after-school care
- employee multi-lingual after school care
All conditions are listed in the Erkenning EU-beroepskwalificaties kinderopvangpersoneel (in Dutch only).
Applying in order to work in childcare in the Netherlands is free.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.