Applying for a Dutch title
If you have been granted a degree abroad, you can also apply for a Dutch title. However, this is only possible if you have followed a recognised higher education degree programme. The degree programme must be the equivalent of a similar Dutch degree programme.
Instead of this Dutch title, when granted, you may use your foreign degree in your name in the Netherlands the way you may use it in the country where the degree was awarded to you.
Which titles can you apply for?
You can apply for 1 of the following Dutch titles:
- ingenieur (ing.) = higher professional education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- baccalaureus (bc.) = other higher professional education
- ingenieur (ir.) = university education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- meester (mr.) = university education in the field of law
- doctorandus (drs.) = other university education
- doctor (dr.) = academic research leading to the conferral of a PhD
- Fill in the Application Dutch title form.
- Submit the form along with the required documents.
Applying for a Dutch title is free.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to email@example.com.