Applying for a Dutch title
If you received an academic title abroad, you can also apply for a Dutch title. However, this is only possible if you have followed a recognised higher education degree programme. The degree programme must be the equivalent of a similar Dutch degree programme.
Which titles can you apply for?
You can apply for 1 of the following Dutch titles:
- ingenieur (ing.) = higher professional education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- baccalaureus (bc.) = other higher professional education
- ingenieur (ir.) = university education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- meester (mr.) = university education in the field of law
- doctorandus (drs.) = other university education
- doctor (dr.) = academic research leading to the conferral of a PhD
- Fill in the Application Dutch title form.
- Submit the form along with the required documents.
Applying for a Dutch title is free.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.