Because of the coronavirus, DUO takes a number of measures. Read more
You can have your diploma or other educational document legalised at our service desk in Groningen or by registered mail. On specific dates you can also have your document legalised at our service desk in Utrecht.
- Your document must be original, complete and both the training and the education to which the education and training, has been recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your Dutch school or university.
- Your document must be printed on the school or university's headed paper.
- Your diploma must be registered in the DUO diploma register. Log in to Mijn DUO to check this. Go to 'Mijn studies en diploma's' and choose 'Diplomaregister'.
Are your diploma data not registered in the diploma register? Or are you unable to log in? Then send a copy of your diploma to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact us first by calling +31 50 599 80 36 (on working days from 9am to 12 noon). We may still be able to legalise your document.
How does legalisation work?
Do you meet all the conditions? Then you have to arrange the legalisation in 2 steps:
- First you need to have your educational document legalised by DUO. You can arrange this at our service desk in Groningen or Utrecht. Or you can apply for legalisation by registered mail.
- After DUO has legalised your document, you have to finalise the legalisation at a Dutch district court or at the Consular Service Centre in The Hague.
If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries, you will need to continue the legalisation process through the Consular Service Centre.
Legalisation at service desk
Are you visiting a service desk? Then you only need to bring your original educational document. The legalisation costs € 6 per document. You can pay by PIN or in cash. Below you can find our service desks’ addresses and opening hours.
From 6 July, this service desk will be reopened.
From 10am to 3pm. You have to make an telephone appointment first. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 8036.
9722 TB Groningen
Herman Gorterstraat 40
3511 EW Utrecht
Legalisation by registered mail
Do you want legalisation by registered mail? Then fill in the Application legalisation or diploma description form. Send the form to DUO, along with your original educational document. Our postal address is on the form.
The legalisation costs € 6 per document, plus a fixed amount of € 10 for administration costs. After the receipt of your application we will send you an email about the payment.
How long will it take?
Within 3 weeks after the receipt of your payment we will send you the legalised document. After that you need to go to a Dutch district court or the Consular Service Centre to finalise the legalisation. For finalising the legalisation, you also have to pay costs to the district court or the Consular Service Centre.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36. Or send an email to email@example.com.