Applying for a Dutch title
If you have already gained a title abroad, you can also apply for a Dutch title. This is only possible if you have followed a recognized higher education degree programme. The degree programme must be the equivalent of a similar Dutch degree programme.
Which titles can be applied for?You can submit an application for one of the following Dutch titles:
- ingenieur (ing.) = higher professional education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- baccalaureus (bc.) = other higher vocational education
- ingenieur (ir.) = university education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- meester (mr.) = university education in the field of law
- doctorandus (drs.) = other university education
- doctor (dr.) = academic research leading to the conferral of a PhD
What do you have to do?
- Use the Application for a Dutch title form to request a Dutch title.
- Submit the required items of evidence with your application. Our postal address is given on the form. A certified translation is a strict condition for documents that are not in Dutch, English or German.
- Application Dutch title (pdf 103kb)
An application for a Dutch title is free of charge.
Please contact the department if you have any questions. You can call us on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.