On the DigiD login screen, you can choose your login method. The DigiD app is the easiest way to log in securely. If you do not have this app, you can log in with a verification via SMS.
In order to log in you will need a DigiD.
The DigiD app is the easiest way to log in. You no longer have to remember a password. All you need is a PIN code of your choice.
If you do not have a smartphone, you can log in with SMS verification. You log in with your DigiD password and a verification code you receive via SMS.
DigiD on Aruba en Curaçao
Do you live on Aruba or Curaçao and do you have a ‘burgerservicenummer’ (BSN)? Then you can also apply for a DigiD. You will have to meet a few criteria. For more information, visit digid.nl.
With DigiD you can also log in outside the Netherlands. Sometimes you need to arrange a few things before you leave.
Outside the Netherlands, the DigiD app is the easiest way to log in.
- Are you using the DigiD app already? Then you do not need to do anything.
- Do you not have the DigiD app yet? Then we advise you to install and activate the app. Do this preferably before you leave the Netherlands.
Do you prefer logging in with SMS verification? That's possible as well.
- Are you keeping the same mobile telephone number? Then you do not need to do anything.
- Are you changing your mobile telephone number? Then change your phone number in My DigiD. Do this before you cancel your old number.
- Do you not have SMS verification? Then apply to DigiD for the SMS service. Make sure you do so before you leave the Netherlands.
Is it not possible for you to log in to Mijn DUO? Then use a form to make an application or notify us of a change. The processing time of a form is longer than a digital application.
Messages by post
Are you currently receiving your notifications from DUO digitally, but are you no longer able to log in to Mijn DUO? Then send us an email if you would like to receive your messages by post again. Please state your BSN (‘burgerservicenummer’), full name and date of birth.
Are you having trouble logging in? Try the solutions below.
You forgot your DigiD password of username
Did you forget your DigiD username or password? DigiD will help you.
Try this direct link to open Mijn DUO:
Clear cookies or try a different browser
Clear your cookies or try a different browser.
Are you using Safari on an iPhone or iPad? Make sure you turn off private browsing.
With other browsers DUO usually works best if you enable private browsing. You can do this with the following hotkeys:
- Chrome: Ctrl+ Shift + N
- Opera: Ctrl+ Shift + N
- Edge: Ctrl + Shift + P
Update your operating system.
To log in with your DigiD, your device needs to run on at least one of the following operating systems:
For your PC:
- Windows 7 / 8.1
- Windows 10
- OSX 10.9.4 or higher
- iOS 7 or higher
- Android 6 or higher
“Not secure” notification
Is your browser showing a notification that your certificate has expired? Then the certificates ‘domein’ and ‘intermediair G3’ have not been updated automatically on your device. Go to pkioverheid.nl to download and install the following certificates:
- Staat der Nederlanden Organisatie Services CA - G3
- KPN BV PKIOverheid Organisatie Server CA - G3